Bulgari

In the late 19th century, Sotirio Bulgari, born of Greek silversmiths, moved to Italy and in 1884 opened the first Bulgari shop in Rome. In 1905, he and his sons opened a store on Via Condotti, which remains the Bulgari flagship today. After WWII, Bulgari veered away from the popular French style of jewelry-making to one inspired by Greco-Roman classicism, the Italian Renaissance and the Roman school of goldsmiths. During the 1950s and 1960s, Bulgari became known for its bold styles, including the use of colored gemstones. In the 1970s, Bulgari necklaces, bracelets and earrings were characterized by bold, architectural designs combining gold links with interlocking steel. The serpent is a famous Bulgari motif, used throughout its watch and jewelry collections.

FILTER
FILTER BY TYPE
PERIOD
METAL